It’s easy to see why the bustling seaside town of Lorne has been attracting visitors since the late 1800s. The majestic surf beach, forest hinterland and boutique village atmosphere combine to create a very special holiday destination.
Lorne is located along Victoria’s Great Ocean Road Touring Route, two hours drive from Melbourne. Much of the main street overlooks the central surf beach of Louttit Bay and is surround by the stunning Great Otway National Park, home to the iconic Erskine Falls.
SPRING ACTIVITIES IN LORNE
- Dine in restaurants and cafes with fabulous views. Watch the waves roll in as you enjoy local fare.
- Immerse yourself in Lorne’s boutique shopping strip. Lorne is renowned for locally designed made fashion, jewellery and interior decor offerings.
- Channel your inner dude and hit the surf. Hire a wetsuit and board from Lorne Surf Shop or HAH Café and paddle out to the break.
- Grab your rod and tackle from Lorne Home Hardware and head to the pier to catch snapper, barracouta, gummy shark or salmon.
- If you enjoy going bush, the Great Otway National Park is for you. Walking trails let you wind through the forest along waterways, fern gullies, rock formations and waterfalls. Pick up a Walks & Waterfalls map from Lorne Visitor Information Centre.
- Picnic along the foreshore with provisions collected from local food purveyors, bakers and culinary artisans.
- Experience the buzzing arts scene at QDos, Will Dielenberg Edge Gallery and Lorne Beach Books. Or wander along the permanent outdoor sculpture displays.
For further information on staying in Lorne visit the Lorne Visitor Information Centre on Mountjoy Parade or online at www.lovelorne.com.au